WirthCo’s line of Battery Doctor® electrical fuses includes multiple sizes and styles of blade fuses, low profile fuses, AGC and SFE glass fuses, Fast Acting limiter fuses, and Fast Acting MiniDoc™ automotive limiter fuses, as well as a variety of fuse assortment kit options. We have the right fuse for your specific application. Request a quote or contact us for the fuses or fuse assortments you need.
What is A Blade Fuse?
A blade fuse features a plastic body and two metal prongs that are inserted into sockets. Also known as spade fuses or plug-in fuses, blade fuses are primarily used in automobiles, and can be mounted in fuse blocks, inline fuse holders, and fuse clips. Blade fuses come in a range of sizes and amp ratings, and are printed with the rated current (in amps) on top; many blade fuses use a common color-coding scheme for ease of identification.
WirthCo offers a variety of blade fuse options, including:
- MidBlade™ fuses– replaces standard ATO/ATC fuses
- MinBlade™ fuses– replaces standard ATM/mini fuses
- MinBlade2™ fuses– replaces standard ATR/Micro™ fuses
- Low profile fuses– replaces standard APS fuses
- MaxBlade™ fuses– replaces standard Maxi fuses
What is A Glass Tube Type Fuse?
A glass tube type fuse consists of a cylindrical glass cartridge with a thin metal wire running the length of the tube; the wire is connected to a metal cap at each end of the tube. All glass tube fuses are 1/4” in diameter. The length varies according to the ampere rating of the fuse, a design feature that prevents the insertion of an inadequate or unsafe fuse into the fuse panel.
What is A Limiter Fuse?
Designed for currents over 40 amperages, a limiter fuse consists of a metal strip and a lock plate. Commonly used in forklifts, battery chargers, and similar applications, limiter fuses are frequently installed in close proximity to starter battery fuse boxes; special limiter fuses for automotive use are also available. These non-indicating stud-mount fuses help protect DC circuits against very high overloads and short circuits and avoid needless openings from starting currents and surges.
Battery Doctor® Fuse Kits
WirthCo offers Battery Doctor® fuse assortments in 6-piece, 42-piece, and 80-piece kits.
- 6-piece fuse kits include blade fuses in six different amp ratings.
- 42-piece fuse kits include blade fuses in six different amp ratings (seven of each), as well as a fuse tester/puller.
- 80-piece fuse kits include blade fuses in eight different amp ratings (10 of each).